Home Topics Second Niger Bridge

Second Niger Bridge

NSIA posts N36 billion profit in 2019

The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) recorded a profit of about N36.15 billion from its investments in the 2019 financial year but fears worse returns this year due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on its markets.
Second Niger Bridge

2nd Niger Bridge: Anambra community drags Julius Berger to court, claims N2.5 billion damages

The Ogbaru Community in Anambra State has dragged Julius Berger Nigeria Plc before the Federal High Court in Awka, alleging a violation of Environmental Impact Assessment in the construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge.

Nigeria invites bid for monitoring of spending of Abacha loot

The Federal Ministry of Justice on Thursday opened technical bids for Consultancy Service to monitor the implementation of Abacha loot III.

US: Fresh $319 million Abacha loot in Britain, France

Barely a week after helping to repatriate $311m (N118bn) stolen by the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, the United States says there is a separate $319m (N121bn) Abacha loot in the United Kingdom and France.
National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu stated this in a statement on Sunday night.

Abacha loot: Why PDP is angry about $311 million returned to Nigeria – APC

The All Progressives Congress (APC) says going by the Peoples Democratic Party’s statement on $311 million Abacha loot returned to Nigeria, the opposition was vexed that the money wasn’t returned when they were in power.

Nigeria receives $3.4 billion IMF emergency fund

Nigeria has received a $3.4 billion emergency fund from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), less than 24 hours after receiving $311 million of stolen money stashed in the United States and Jersey island.

US: $311 million repatriated Abacha loot different from additional $319 million loot in France,...

The United States Government has said that the $311 million Abacha loot repatriated to the federal government last week was distinct and separate from an additional $167 million in stolen assets also forfeited in the United Kingdom (UK) and France, as well as $152 million still in active litigation in the UK.
Mrs Toki Mabogunje, President LCCI said this at the Chamber’s second quarterly briefing on the state of the economy on Tuesday in Lagos.

Lagos chamber educates private sector on post coronavirus economy

The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) has advised organised private sector to leverage creativity and innovation to rebuild a competitive economy post-COVID-19.

Presidency: $311 million recovered Abacha loot already allocated

The Presidency says the $311m stolen during the Abacha regime and returned to Nigeria from the United States and the Bailiwick of Jersey, on Monday, May 4, 2020, has already been allocated.

ANEEJ, MANTRA partners laud repatriation of $311.7 million Abacha III loot

The Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice, ANEEJ, and partners on the Monitoring Transparency and Accountability in the Management of Returned Assets, MANTRA, Tuesday, lauded another repatriation of $311,797,866 of Abacha III loot to Nigeria from the United States of America and the Bailiwick of Jersey.
President of the Nigerian Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has described the late Buhari’s Chief of Staff, Mallam Abba Kyari, as an experienced lawyer and banker.

Aisha Abba Kyari: My daddy, my best friend

On 17th April, 2020, my world came crashing down and my heart shattered into a billion pieces. Upon receiving the news of my father’s passing, I immediately felt the most excruciating pain – a pain I would not wish on my worst enemy. My biggest fear in the world had materialised.
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami, SAN,

Nigeria receives $311 million Abacha loot from US, Jersey

Malam Abubakar Malami, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation confirmed this on Monday in a statement by the Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations at his office, Dr Umar Gwandu.
National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu stated this in a statement on Sunday night.

APC raps ex-VP Atiku Abubakar over comment on economic diversification

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has expressed surprise over the failure of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, to acknowledge the bold efforts APC administration made towards diversifying Nigeria economy.
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami, SAN,

US gives stern warning against diversion of $308 million Abacha loot

The United States warned the Federal Government of Nigeria to be prepared to “replace” the $308 million to be repatriated from funds looted by a former military ruler, the late General Sani Abacha, if it failed to use the money on public projects agreed upon.
As the inks flow in tributes to Abba Kyari by those who loved and despised him, let us not forget that Abba was much misunderstood and often maligned.

Abba Kyari: Tribute to a single minded patriot

As the inks flow in tributes to Abba Kyari by those who loved and despised him, let us not forget that Abba was much misunderstood and often maligned.

Minister: 1.8km Loko-Oweto bridge to reduce travelling time between East, North

The Minister of Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, at the weekend inspected the 1.8 kilometre Loko-Oweto Bridge in Nasarawa and Benue States, saying that it will reduce travelling time by at least half as against the current full day spent by commuters.
They are Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan.

Nigeria: No record of how former Presidents Obasanjo, Jonathan spend $5 billion Abacha’s loot

The Federal Government has told the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) that it has no records of the exact amount of public funds stolen by a former military head of state, Sani Abacha and no records of the spending of about $5 billion recovered loot for the period between 1999 and 2015.

Nigeria: No record of spending on $5 billion Abacha loot’

The Federal Government has told Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) that it “has no records of the exact amount of public funds stolen by a former military head of state, Sani Abacha, and no records of the spending of about $5 billion recovered loot for the period between 1999 and 2015.”

Recent Stories

Victor Osimhen has joined Senegal's Moussa Sow and Ivory Coast's Gervinho in Lille's exclusive goalscoring club after scoring a goal on his 18th appearance.

AC Milan join Napoli in race for Victor Osimhen

In a surprise development, Football Italia reported Milan had entered the race to sign Lille striker, although Napoli still remain strong contenders.
Acting Secretary, Health and Human Services Secretariat in the Federal Capital Territory Administration FCTA, Dr Mohammed Kawu has tested positive for Covid-19.

FCT health secretary discharged from isolation centre

The Acting Secretary of the FCT Health and Human Services Secretariat, Dr Mohammed Kawu, has been discharged from the Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja, where he has been receiving treatment for COVID 19.
Super Eagles star Victor Osimhen strikes again as Lille beat Strasbourg 2-0 at the Stade Pierre Mauroy in the Ligue 1 encounter.

Victor Osimhen re-evaluates Napoli offer, to decide over the next 48 hours

Sources stated last week that he was ready to reject the move, not so much because of Napoli, but as an act of defiance against those close to him who were trying to orchestrate the transfer.
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila on the floor, moving a bill on the Repeal of Quarantine Act, 2004 at plenary yesterday at National Assembly Abuja. . Photo by Gbemiga Olamikan. 5

House of Reps quizzes NDDC over N70.495 billion awarded contracts

The House of Representatives at the weekend flagged off its investigation into the N70.495 billion allegedly paid by Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to 1,773 contractors as mobilization fees without resorting to site, between 2008 and 2012.

Presidency: Why 2020 budget was increased despite drop in revenue

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives), Umar El-Yakub, has said the decision of the Presidency to increase the 2020 Budget despite drop in revenue was meant to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the nation’s economy.