Home Topics Save Nigeria Group

Save Nigeria Group

Lagos lawyer and human rights activist, Femi Falana

Protest marches are not treasonable offences in Nigeria

The satanic Boko Haram sect was officially banned in Nigeria by the federal government and declared a terrorist network in June 2013. The office of the Attorney-General of the Federation has since successfully prosecuted many of the members of the sect for sundry offences under the Terrorism Prevention (Amendment) Act.

Pastor Bakare: Terrorists’ attacks on Borno evidence of declining patriotism among troops

Pastor Tunde Bakare, the Presiding Pastor, Latter Rain Assembly, has said that the recent setbacks recorded by the country in the anti-terror war were more of declining patriotism among the troops, more than other reasons.

Tunde Bakare seeks presidential order on restructuring

The Convener of Save Nigeria Group, Pastor Tunde Bakare, told President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday to proclaim an executive order urgently to facilitate national reconciliation, reintegration and restructuring.

Tunde Bakare: Atiku Abubakar’s emergence means it will be Eagle vs Eagle

The Convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Pastor Tunde Bakare, on Sunday congratulated Alhaji Atiku Abubakar on his emergence as the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate.

Restructuring: Pastor Bakare hails President Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan

Pastor Tunde Bakare, the leader of Latter Rain Assembly, has praised President Muhammadu Buhari for embracing the restructuring of Nigeria.

The season of recanting

“No, I feel like going there physically to tell President Donald Trump exactly how I feel about the statements he has been making about the black world.”

Why Nigeria must be restructured – Tunde Bakare

The convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Pastor Tunde Bakare, has urged the federal government to restructure the country by encouraging each geo-political zone to develop along its area of best comparative advantage age.

17 cases filed in courts over Magu’s stay as EFCC chief

It was learnt that some of the 17 cases were in support of Magu, while the rest sought Magu’s removal from office on the grounds that he had been rejected by the Senate.

VON chief blasts Jonathan, says he failed woefully

Osita Okechukwu, director general of Voice of Nigeria (VON), says former President Goodluck Jonathan should apologise to Nigerians for failing “woefully” during his time in office.

Recent Stories

Caretaker premier Saad Hariri on Thursday made phone calls to World Bank president David Malpass and IMF managing director Kristalina Georgieva, his office said.

Lebanon premier asks World Bank, IMF help with economic rescue plan

Lebanon’s caretaker prime minister Thursday asked international funding bodies for support in drawing up an emergency rescue plan for his protest-wracked country.
The Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution (IPCR) has pledged to collaborate with the Nigerian Army Resource Centre (NARC) to find practical solutions to insecurity confronting the country.

Yuletide: Army advises Nigerians to be security conscious

Maj.-Gen. Usman Yakubu, Commander Corps of Artillery, Kontagora has called on Nigerians to be more security conscious before, during and after the Christmas and New year festivities.

Insecurity: General Buratai tasks non-commissioned officers

The Chief Of Army Staff, Lt-Gen Tukur Buratai, has called Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (SNCOs) to display fresh innovations in tackling security challenges facing the country.
The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Otunba Richard Adeniyi Adebayo, has said the Federal Government will welcome long-term agribusiness activities coming from Russia to Nigeria.

Minister harvests sugarcane at N64 billion Sunti sugar estates

The Minister of Industry Trade and Investment, Niyi Adebayo, has commended the Sunti Golden Sugar Estates for the level of investment made in the sugar sector in Nigeria.
FILE - Protesters attend a Human Rights Day march, organized by the Civil Human Rights Front, in Hong Kong, Dec. 8, 2019.

Reuters’ distributor blocked company’s Hong Kong protest news

As anti-government demonstrations engulfed Hong Kong in August, Reuters broke a sensitive story: Beijing had rejected a secret proposal by city leader Carrie Lam to meet several of the protesters' demands in a bid to defuse the unrest.