Home Topics Qatar
Confederation of African Football has no plans to cancel any of its forthcoming competitions because of the coronavirus pandemic, hoping it can reschedule all.
Countries around the world are increasingly adopting sweeping measures to stem the spread of the new coronavirus, including full lockdowns, shutting down airports, imposing travel restrictions and completely sealing their borders.
Xavi Hernandez has reiterated his desire to coach Barcelona in the future but suggests he will not return until a different board brings a new sense of direction to the club.
Qatar banned social gatherings and introduced enforcement measures including checkpoints and mobile police patrols as part of an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
European football’s governing body UEFA are set to postpone this Summer’s European Championship’s but they could still be played this year, at least according to a report in today’s print edition of Corriere della Sera.
South America’s football federations asked FIFA to delay their qualifying matches for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar because of the global new coronavirus pandemic.
Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, and Egypt have recorded more cases of the novel coronavirus.
Nothing ever seems to go to plan in the Champions League for Paris Saint-Germain, whose bid to avoid yet another exit in the first knockout round against Borussia Dortmund will be played out before an empty stadium on Wednesday.
Saudi Arabia imposed a temporary lockdown on Sunday on the eastern oil-producing province of Qatif, home to all 11 people in the kingdom who have tested positive for the coronavirus, and suspended all schools and universities nationwide.
Taiwan's government said on Sunday that an elderly Taiwanese woman who was part of a tour group in Egypt was likely infected with the COVID-19 virus while there last month and unlikely the source of infection of 12 Egyptian crew on a Nile cruise.
The AFC Champions League was put on temporary hold in West Asia on Sunday while football officials work out ways to get the remaining group matches played despite the new coronavirus outbreak.
President of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick has assured Nigerians that things will be better with the various national teams this year as AFCON 2021 and world cup qualifying campaign across all levels of the national teams resume later this month.
Some married women in Ado-Ekiti on Wednesday say the ‘stay-at-home’ order occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic, has turned out to be a blessing in guise for them.
Nigeria now has seven functional laboratories to test for the Covid-19 virus, the health minister, Osagie Ehanire, said on Wednesday.
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday mourned the death of a foremost Nigerian educationist and author, Phoebean Ogundipe.
The death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic in African countries has reached 196 as confirmed cases surpassed 5,786, the Africa Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) revealed on Wednesday.
One hundred and eighty-eight thousand, three hundred and fifty-two people have so far recovered globally from the novel coronavirus, according to data published by Worldometers, a website providing real time statistics on the infection around the world.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for vigorously leading the fight to curb coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria ‘like a legendary troop commander’.
In a bid to further deepen the nation’s capital market and enable it provide development capital for medium and small-scale enterprises of the economy, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), at the weekend unveiled an exposure draft of its regulatory framework for crowd funding in the country.
The Nigerian Army has debunked publications in some media platforms about a purported Federal Government’s plan to enforce military lockdown on Friday.
The 36 state governors under the platform of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) have agreed to hold their weekly meetings via tele-conferencing to check the spread of COVID19 in the country.
The Federal Government Wednesday announced that it has released 70, 000 metric tonnes of grains from the Strategic National Reserve to alleviate the sufferings of many low-income earners whose sources of livelihood have been cut off by the two-week lockdown of Abuja, Lagos and Ogun states in the wake of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.