Home Topics Ministry of Education
Ministry of Education
Stakeholders in the education sector in Oyo State have expressed readiness to comply with the directives on resumption to school after several months of school closure.
The authorities of the Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin have discovered about 2,000 fake National Certificate of Education purportedly issued in the name of the institution.
The Kaduna State Government has evacuated 35,000 Almajiri children to 17 states and some neighbouring countries.
The need for caution was central in the reactions of various stakeholders towards the decision of the Oyo State government to order the reopening of schools for students in Primary six, JSS3 and SSS3 from June 29.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has set 160 and above as cut off mark for 2020/21 admissions into universities across the country.
The Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has said that his predecessor, Mohammed Abubakar, spent N50m to travel to Abuja from the state each time he travelled.
As the world marks Children’s Day, Chairman, North Central Governors’ Forum and Governor of Niger State, Alh Abubakar Sani Bello, has called on the children not to despair but be resilient and face the challenges of the future.
Association of Private School Owners of Nigeria (APSON) has made an appeal to federal and state governments to extend relief to its members to cushion the negative effects of COVID-19 pandemic lockdown.
The Federal Government has said it has not decided on the location of the new six (6) Colleges of Education recently approved, describing letters purportedly emanating from the Federal Ministry of Education and circulating in the social media as fake.
The Federal Government says it is renovating and upgrading existing Kaduna Polytechnic Students’ hostels through Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
The Lagos State Ministry of Education has debunked a social media report alleging that a decision had been purportedly reached with an unnamed “Honourable Commissioner for Basic Education” regarding a new set of guidelines for schools resumption in the State.
THE Federal Government has clarified that the online learning programme introduced for schools in response to COVID-19 pandemic is based on the approved curriculum by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC).
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has rejected the plan for online resumption of the 2019/2020 third term by private school owners in the territory.
Britain is set to announce measures to promote youth employment and stimulate the housing market on Wednesday, as it braces for the severe economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The ministers at the Council Chambers include Lai Mohammed (Information and Culture), Zainab Ahmed (Finance, Budget and National Planning), Babatunde Fashola (Works and Housing), Hadi Sirika (Aviation), Abubakar Malami (Justice), Godswill Akpabio (Niger Delta), Rotimi Amaechi (Transportation), Geoffrey Onyema (Foreign Affairs), George Akume (Special Duties), Adamu Adamu (Education) and Ambassador Zubairu Dada (Minister of State for Foreign Affairs).
The factional Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State, Mr Henry Olatuja, has urged the national leaders of the party to warn the Chairman of Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Dr Kayode Fayemi, to steer clear of the state’s politics.
Crystal Palace defender Patrick van Aanholt says he is "very satisfied" that Katie Hopkins has been suspended from Twitter, after the footballer was involved in a series of social media spats with the right-wing provocateur.
The United States President, Donald Trump, paid his way out of high school, hiring someone else to take an aptitude test for him, his niece, Mary Trump, reveals.
A social media celebrity, who flaunted his opulent lifestyle to millions of followers on Instagram, has appeared in court in the US charged with running a global scam which allegedly targeted a Premier League club.
Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri is confident that midfielder Miralem Pjanic will not be distracted by his move to FC Barcelona at the end of the season.
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the September 19 election in Edo State, Mr Godwin Obaseki has obtained a new discharge certificate from the National Youth Service Corps with number A 004280695.
“Striker Joseph Akpala is not offered a new contract and is therefore again a free player. We thank ‘Joske’ for his boundless effort and excellent mentality and wish him every success in the further course of his career,” Oostende stated.
The 22-year-old was on loan at Dijon for the 2019-20 season, scoring eight goals in all competitions and making 30 appearances, with the Owls finishing in 16th place, seven points clear of the relegation zone.