Home Topics Isabel dos Santos

Isabel dos Santos

Angola prosecutors close in on former president’s children

Angola’s former first son Jose Filomeno dos Santos has spent hours contemplating the marble floor and wood-panelled walls of Luanda’s Supreme Court where he has been on trial since December.

Angola’s ex-president defends son over embezzlement charge

Angola’s ex-president has defended his son and a former central bank governor who are accused of embezzling $500 million from the country’s sovereign wealth fund, court documents showed on Tuesday.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo visits Senegal on 16 February. Aliou Mbaye-EPA

Mike Pompeo hails Angola’s anti-graft campaign

Visiting US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday lauded Angolan President Joao Lourenco's anti-corruption drive, which has seen him pursue his predecessor's children over accusations they fleeced state coffers.
Angola's chief prosecutor on Friday said funds that Isabel dos Santos - who is accused of stealing millions of dollars from state companies - invested in Portugal had been embezzled from her home country.

Portugal freezes bank accounts of Angola’s Isabel dos Santos

Portugal, in a sensational show of action, has ordered a freeze on bank accounts held in the country by Angola's billionaire former first daughter Isabel dos Santos, as the fraud case against her catches steam.
Aliko Dangote, president of the Dangote Group and chief sponsor of the Dangote Foundation, says he wants to be like Bill Gates and try to give a chunk of his wealth to charity in the next few years.

Aliko Dangote remains Africa’s wealthiest person, Mike Adenuga, Abdulsamad Rabiu among top 20

For the ninth year in a row, Aliko Dangote of Nigeria has been declared as the wealthiest person in Africa, with an estimated net worth of $10.1 billion.
Angola's chief prosecutor on Friday said funds that Isabel dos Santos - who is accused of stealing millions of dollars from state companies - invested in Portugal had been embezzled from her home country.

Isabel dos Santos plans legal action against media over ‘Luanda Leaks’

Angolan billionaire Isabel dos Santos plans to take legal action against media who published a vast enquiry dubbed "Luanda Leaks" about the origin of her fortune, according to a statement issued on Tuesday by her Portuguese PR firm.
Rui Pinto

Portuguese hacker says he is behind Angola corruption leaks

Lawyers for a Portuguese computer hacker said on Monday he was responsible for revealing the dealings of Angolan billionaire Isabel dos Santos, a corruption scandal with fallout across Europe and Africa.
Angola's chief prosecutor on Friday said funds that Isabel dos Santos - who is accused of stealing millions of dollars from state companies - invested in Portugal had been embezzled from her home country.

Isabel dos Santos’s Portugal funds embezzled – Angolan prosecutor

Angola's chief prosecutor on Friday said funds that Isabel dos Santos - who is accused of stealing millions of dollars from state companies - invested in Portugal had been embezzled from her home country.

Leaked documents destroy reputation of Isabel dos Santos

Isabel dos Santos, 46, the daughter of Angola’s long-running leader of 38 years, was mostly seen as untouchable in Luanda.

Isabel dos Santos’ graft scandal ups stakes for Angola

Allegations of corruption swirling around his predecessor's daughter have set a crucial test for Angolan President Joao Lourenco in his vow to reform a country rich in oil and tainted by graft.
Mario Leite da Silva, who was chairperson of Banco de Fomento Angola (BFA), the third largest bank in the country, made his announcement in the letter dated January 20, a day after his name appeared in a trove of leaked documents alleging illicit enrichment by the billionaire daughter of former president Jose Eduardo dos Santos.

Angolan bank chief named in Isabel dos Santos probe resigns

Mario Leite da Silva, who was chairperson of Banco de Fomento Angola (BFA), the third largest bank in the country, made his announcement in the letter dated January 20, a day after his name appeared in a trove of leaked documents alleging illicit enrichment by the billionaire daughter of former president Jose Eduardo dos Santos.

Angola’s former first daughter Isabel dos Santos charged with fraud

Angola's billionaire former first daughter Isabel dos Santos has been charged with money laundering and mismanagement during her stewardship of state-owned oil firm Sonangol.

Angola vows to bring back Isabel dos Santos after ‘Luanda Leaks’ release

Authorities in Angola have said they will use "all possible" means to bring back Isabel dos Santos, the billionaire daughter of the country's former president, after thousands of leaked documents revealed new allegations she siphoned off hundreds of millions in public money.

Angola hits ex-President Jose Eduardo dos Santos’ daughter with asset freeze

Angola has frozen the assets of Isabel dos Santos, the billionaire daughter of former Angolan President Jose Eduardo dos Santos in a sign that President Joao Lourenco is taking a tougher line against the former first family.

Africa’s wealthiest woman denies graft allegations

The daughter of former Angolan president Jose Eduardo dos Santos has denied allegations of financial irregularities after a court froze her bank accounts, calling the claims “politically motivated”.

Angola freezes assets of former strongman’s daughter over corruption allegations

An Angolan court has ordered the freezing of assets held by former President Eduardo dos Santos’ daughter Isabel, state news agency Angop reported on Tuesday.
Welwitschia dos Santos, nicknamed Tchize, was elected to parliament in 2008 and joined the central committee of the ruling Movement for the Liberation of Angola (MPLA) in 2016.

Angolan ex-president’s daughter suspended from parliament

Angola's parliament has suspended a daughter of former president Jose Eduardo dos Santos for "unjust enrichment" as his successor seeks to crack down on nepotism past and present.

Angola begins ex-president son’s fraud trial September 25

The trial of the son of former Angolan president Jose Eduardo dos Santos for allegedly trying to steal $1.5 billion (1.3 billion euros) from the country’s sovereign wealth fund will start on September 25, a court said Saturday.

Recent Stories

Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, Director General of NCDC, disclosed this on Monday on Channels Television, Programme “Sunrise Daily”, while, speaking on COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria.

Nigeria records 23 new cases of coronavirus

For the second time today, the total number of coronavirus cases have increased by 23, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control can confirm.
WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus

WHO: Coronavirus cases will soon reach one million globally

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says confirmed cases of COVID-19 pandemic will soon reach one million globally.
Lockdown commenced in Delta state Wednesday with markets and major shops complying in Warri south , Uvwie local government areas.

Warri residents comply with coronavirus lockdown

Lockdown commenced in Delta state Wednesday with markets and major shops complying in Warri south , Uvwie local government areas.
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike (in blue) on Saturday with Service Commanders monitoring compliance with the closure of markets across the state to check spread of coronavirus in Port Harcourt.

Coronavirus lockdown: Better to stay hungry to be alive than die eating – Rivers...

Governor Nyesom Wike Wednesday appealed for patience and support of tense Rivers state populace to defeat Coronavirus (COVID-19) as the impact of State Government preventive orders bites harder on the people.
Harry Kane is recovering well from an ankle injury

Harry Redknapp warns Harry Kane could leave Tottenham over lack of trophies

Former Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has warned that Harry Kane would not be content to stay at the North London club unless they begin to challenge for silverware.