Home Topics Interruptions
Natural gas wells and pipes ill-equipped for cold weather are a big reason why millions of Texans lost power during frigid temperatures this week. As temperatures dropped to record lows across some parts of the state, liquid inside wells, pipes, and valves froze solid.
Recall that the Oworonshoki bound lane of the Third Mainland Bridge was closed totally from vehicular movement on midnight on Saturday, February 6, 2021, till 7 pm on Sunday, February 7, 2021, to remove the last expansion joint on the Oworonshoki bound lane.
The Lagos State Government has released alternative routes following planned closure of Third Mainland Bridge from Saturday to Monday.
The World Health Organisation, WHO, and the United Nations Children’s Fund, UNICEF, have continued to express concern at the potential impact of COVID-19 on hunger, which is likely to escalate the burden of malnutrition among children, particularly in Nigeria.
GOtv Boxing Night 21, which is scheduled to hold on 27 November at the Rowe Park Sports Centre, Lagos, will be broadcast live on SuperSport Select 2 (channel 34).
The government of Canada has launched a fund to make up to $37m (c$50m) available to compensate Canadian productions for COVID-19-related filming delays.
The federal government has made arrangements to ensure that prolonged power outages are reduced in the country throughout the period of the current lockdown as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Chinese government has asked Nigeria to settle the legal dispute over the $5.8 billion Mambilla power failing which it would not provide the funds for the project.
“The issue around the retail price has not been resolved at all. It seems the government has jettisoned deregulation. We are being forced to sell at a price that is not profitable. The ground is not level and we are told to sell at the same price with NNPC retail stations, that we shouldn’t increase the price. This is the cause of the scarcity,” the MOMAN official said.
The House of Representatives has called on the federal government to do everything possible to secure the release of Pastor Bullus Yikura from the captivity of Boko Haram terrorists.
Global media watchdog Reporters Without Borders (RSF) has accused Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and several top officials of committing crimes against humanity in a criminal complaint filed in Germany.
Ogun State House of Assembly, Tuesday, set up a five-man committee to investigate an allegation of gross misconduct against the Deputy Speaker of the House, Dare Kadiri.
Arewa Consultative Forum has called on the security agencies to investigate Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle and make him reveal the identity of those behind the abduction of the 317 Jangebe school girls.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed March 27, for the Aba North/South Federal Constituency by-election in Abia.
Mr Abdulrasheed Bawa, new Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has denied selling recovered assets while serving as Port Harcourt Zonal Officer of the commission.
Relatives of more than 300 girls abducted by gunmen from their boarding school in northwest Nigeria endured an agonising wait for news amid rumours that they had been released, while security forces continued their search on Sunday.
The healthcare delivery services in Ondo state government-owned health facilities may be paralysed totally from today, as nurses under the auspices of National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) will embark on a three-day warning strike starting from today.
“Alhamdulillah! It gladdens my heart to announce the release of the abducted students of GGSS Jangebe from captivity. This follows the scaling of several hurdles laid against our efforts. I enjoin all well-meaning Nigerians to rejoice with us as our daughters are now safe,”, Mutawalle tweeted to announce the release of the schoolgirls Tuesday morning.