Home Topics Hardware

Hardware

4333

Report: Apple plans to move some manufacturing out of China

Apple is exploring moving between 15 and 30 percent of its hardware production out of China, according to a new report by Nikkei. The company reportedly has a growing team looking into moving production, and has asked key manufacturing partners like Foxconn, Pegatron, and Wistron to evaluate the available options.
A pedestrian walks past a Huawei product stand at an EE telecommunications shop in central London on April 29, 2019. – British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has urged caution over the role of China’s Huawei in the UK, saying the government should think carefully before opening its doors to the technology giant to develop next-generation 5G mobile networks. His comments come after Prime Minister Theresa May conditionally allowed China’s Huawei to build the UK 5G network, information that was leaked to a newspaper from top secret discussions between senior ministers and security officials, a leak that has caused a scandal that has rocked Britain’s splintered government. (Photo by Tolga Akmen / various sources / AFP)

Huawei accuses US of bullying

Chinese telecoms equipment maker Huawei called itself the victim of U.S. “bullying” on Tuesday and said it was working with Google to counter trade restrictions imposed by Washington last week, a senior Huawei executive said.
The Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Muhammad Bello, on Monday, urged youths to develop apps that could address social issues in the country.

Minister advises youths to develop apps to address societal issues

The Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Muhammad Bello, on Monday, urged youths to develop apps that could address social issues in the country.
Nintendo has denied reports that it’s planning to announce a new Nintendo Switch console at this year’s E3 in June, reports Bloomberg.

Nintendo denies rumors of a new Switch coming at E3

“As a general rule, we’re always working on new hardware and we will announce it when we are able to sell it,” the company’s CEO Shuntaro Furukawa said during today’s earnings call, “but we have no plans to announce that at this year’s E3 in June.” The big E3 gaming event is scheduled to begin on June 11th.

Central bank incentivises agents, mobile money operators

In line with its drive to enhance access to financial services in the country, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said it will incentivise mobile money operators (MMOs) and Super Agents with financial support of up N500 million.

Two pilots die in Chinese fighter jet crash

A Chinese navy fighter jet crashed during training on the southern island province of Hainan on Tuesday, killing two pilots, the defence ministry said.

Apple may put iPhone 6S, 6S Plus out of service

The reports said while the new operating system (iOS13) for the Apple iPhones and iPads will bring with it a plethora of improvements and features, it will definitely spell doom for older hardware, especially in terms of hardware compatibility.
President Buhari delivers his address at the Opening Ceremony of Paris Peace Forum at the Grande Halle de la Villette Paris on 11th Nov 2018

President Buhari assures Nigerians of more investment in education

President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in Paris, France, assured Nigerians that allocations to the educational sector will be improved as revenue increases, describing the sector as a major engine for the development of any country.
Philippines' President Rodrigo Duterte salutes during a wreath-laying ceremony to commemorate the National Heroes' Day at the Heroes Cemetery in Manila on August 27, 2018. - AFP PHOTO - TED ALJIBE

Philippines’ Rodrigo Duterte eyes arms deals on Israel trip

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte arrives Sunday for a visit to Israel and Jordan, pursuing a pivot away from his nation's long-time reliance on American military hardware and backing.

Presidency: Ex-NSA Dasuki’s diversion of money meant for military hardware led to 100,000 deaths

The Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, Malam Garba Shehu, has said that no fewer than 100,000 Nigerians died as a result of the diversion of monies meant for the purchase of hardware for the Nigerian military by the former National Security Adviser (NSA) to President Goodluck Jonathan, Col. Sambo Dasuki.
The Netflix logo is seen on their office in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, U.S. July 16, 2018. REUTERS-Lucy Nicholson

Netflix effect: cord-cutting accelerates in US market

US households are dropping their traditional pay TV packages at a faster rate than in the past amid a rise in streaming video services like Netflix, a survey showed Tuesday.

Shares in China’s Xiaomi dip on Hong Kong debut

Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi fell on its Hong Kong stock debut Monday, following a long-awaited initial public offering overshadowed by China-US trade tensions and falling global markets.
INEC Card Reader

PVC cloning: INEC to upgrade card readers

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will commence nationwide systematic hardware and software upgrade of all its Smart Card Readers next week.

Visa outage over after transaction chaos across Europe

Payment systems giant Visa recovered on Saturday from a hardware issue that had left it struggling to process transactions at bars, shops and cash machines across Europe.

Federal government’s executive order on local content to create job opportunities for ICT youngsters...

Mr Yusuf Kazaure, the Managing Director, Galaxy Backbone Ltd., says President Muhammadu Buhari’s Executive Order on local content will help to create employment opportunities for the Nigerian ICT youngsters.

India defence website ‘hacked’, three others down

India’s defence minister said the department website was hacked on Friday, with the web portals of at least three other government departments including the interior, law and labour ministries also appearing to be down.

Two injured in mysterious Texas bombing, fourth in month

Two people were injured late Sunday in an explosion at a home in Austin, Texas, the fourth mysterious bombing in the city this month, police said.

Court to decide on fate of diesel cars in Germany

A court will decide on Thursday whether German cities can ban heavily polluting cars, potentially wiping hundreds of millions of euros off the value of diesel cars on the country’s roads.

Recent Stories

Some of the states operating the Contributory Pension Scheme refused to remit about N3.4bn pension contributions deducted from their workers monthly remunerations into their respective Retirement Savings Accounts with their Pension Fund Administrators, so says the acting Director-General, National Pension Commission, Aisha Dahir-Umar.

Micro pension plan, grassroots campaigns lift assets to N9.33 trillion

The rising acceptance of micro pension scheme being driven by the National Pension Commission (PenCom), has led to steady rise in pension assets. The pension funds grew from N9.12 trillion in April to N9.33 trillion in June 2019, indicating a N21 billion increase.
Hong Kong’s embattled pro-Beijing leader on Tuesday said a China extradition bill that sparked unprecedented political unrest “is dead” – but protesters immediately dismissed her comments, threatening more mass rallies.

Hong Kong: German business group urges dialogue

The head of a group of leading German companies doing business in Asia has called for peaceful dialogue to end the stand-off in Hong Kong.
Juventus teenager Moise Kean has often been compared to Mario Balotelli and on Saturday he wrote himself into the Serie A history books.

Marcos Silva warns Everton fans to not compare Moise Kean to Romelu Lukaku

While many Everton fans are hailing Moise Kean as the new Romelu Lukaku, Marco Silva is threading that comparison lightly and hoping fans can just appreciate the teenage for who he is.
Real Madrid directors have traveled to France to negotiate a deal to bring Neymar back to Spain, according to report.

Real Madrid directors in France to negotiate Neymar’s deal

Real Madrid directors have traveled to France to negotiate a deal to bring Neymar back to Spain, according to report.
Sporting boss Marcel Keizer wants Bruno Fernandes to remain at the Portuguese side amid ongoing links to Manchester United, insisting a player of his quality cannot be replaced.

Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes offered to Real Madrid

Real Madrid has been offered Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes in a deal worth €70m, according to report.