Home Topics Gamboru

Gamboru

election inec nigeria

INEC: Why elections may not hold in some areas

A head of tomorrow’s rescheduled presidential and National Assembly elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Thursday said it would not conduct elections in volatile areas where security agencies said the safety of their officials could not be guaranteed, especially in some parts of the North East where Boko Haram insurgents had displaced thousands.

Governor Shettima: I’ll visit Gambaru Ngala without bullet proof car

Kashim Shettima, governor of Borno State, has dared the Boko Haram sect to attack his convoy when he returns to Gambaru Ngala on a campaign mission.

Governor Shettima vows to continue campaigns despite convoy attack

Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, has vowed to return to Gambaru Ngala notwithstanding lasts week’s attack on his convoy last week by a Boko Haram splinter group.

Governor Shettima: Attack by Boko Haram planned to attract media attention

The Borno State Governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, has said the attack on his convoy by Boko Haram was planned by the terrorist group to attract local and international media attention and sustain its propaganda strategy.

Borno government confirms 3 killed in Boko Haram attack on Governor Shettima’s motorcade

The Borno Government on Thursday confirmed that three persons were killed in an attack by Boko Haram insurgents on Gov. Kashim Shettima’s convoy on Maiduguri-Gamboru Road.

Governor Shettima condoles victims of Boko Haram attack on convoy

Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima has condoled with the families of those killed during the ambush on his convoy in the central part of the state Tuesday evening.

Suspected Boko Haram militants attack Governor Shettima’s convoy, at least 3 die

Suspected Islamist militants attacked the convoy of a state governor in northeastern Nigeria on his way to a rally ahead of a presidential election, killing at least three people, official sources said on Wednesday.

Boko Haram: Two soldiers allegedly killed in mine blast in Borno

Two Nigerian soldiers were killed on Saturday in a roadside mine explosion in the restive northeast near the border with Cameroon as troops repelled a jihadist attack on a base in the region, military sources said.
At least 30 Nigerian soldiers have been killed in a gun battle with Boko Haram fighters who overran a military base in the country's northeast, according to military sources.

Nigerian troops dislodge Boko Haram from hideout

The Nigerian Army said its troops have dislodged Boko Haram insurgents from their hideout in Gamboru Ngala Local Government Area of Borno.
Footage showing a recent Boko Haram attack in north-east Nigeria. | AFP | Getty Images

Witness: Boko Haram ‘hacked 4 farmers to death before my eyes’

Boko Haram jihadists have killed four farmers near the northeast Nigerian city of Maiduguri, in the latest bloodshed in the restive region, witnesses and a local militia leader said on Monday.
Footage showing a recent Boko Haram attack in north-east Nigeria. | AFP | Getty Images

Boko Haram kills six traders in Borno ambush

Boko Haram fighters killed six traders when they ambushed a convoy of lorries under military escort in northeast Nigeria, a civilian militia member and a local resident said on Thursday.

Borno government commends UNICEF over health facilities

The Borno State Government on Sunday commended the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) for rehabilitating 166 healthcare centres across the state.

Mixed reactions trail plan to demolish Maiduguri drug, prostitution den

Some residents of Maiduguri on Wednesday expressed divergent views on the plan by the Borno State Government to demolish the notorious Galadima area in Maiduguri, home to drug dealers, prostitutes, and criminals.

21 dead in Boko Haram attacks in Borno

Suspected Boko Haram militants killed 21 people in separate attacks in a remote northeastern region of Nigeria, security officials and a witness told AFP on Monday.

At least 21 dead in Borno Boko Haram attacks

Suspected Boko Haram militants killed 21 people in separate attacks in a remote northeastern region of Nigeria, security officials and a witness told AFP on Monday.

Boko Haram: Borno government denies school closure

The Borno State Government has denied closure of schools in the state after the recent abduction of 110 girls at Government Girls Science and Technical College (GGSTC), Dapchi in neighbouring Yobe State.

Central bank appoints three pre-shipment agencies for non-oil export

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has appointed three Pre-Shipment Inspection Agencies (PIAs) for the non-oil export with a view to further enhancing the nation’s export trade.

Boko Haram member who served as guard in Lagos jailed 25 years

The Federal High Court in Wawa Cantonment, Kainji, Niger State, on Thursday sentenced Babagana Ali to 25 years imprisonment for participating in Boko Haram’s attacks in different communities in Borno State in 2015.

Recent Stories

NBC: Fulani radio license not for herdsmen alone

The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), has frowned at recent media reports which says that it granted a radio license to herdsmen.
Edwin Kiagbodo Clark

President Buhari felicitates with Edwin Clark at 92, describes him as partner for peace

President Muhammadu Buhari has extolled the virtues of Nigeria’s former Information Minister, Chief Edwin Clark, on the occasion of his 92nd birthday anniversary.
Isa Ashiru Kudan

Kaduna election: Tribunal to rule on Isa Ashiru, PDP’s ballot recount motion on Monday

The Kaduna Governorship Election Petition Tribunal has adjourned to Tuesday, May 27, to rule on the motion seeking for a recount of votes cast in the governorship elections in the state.

Governor Ambode inaugurates arts theatre in Epe

Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, on Friday evening inaugurated the ultra-modern Lagos Theatre in Epe, expressing fulfillment with the projects executed by his administration within the ancient town and the adjoining communities.
Fernebahce of Turkey winger, Victor Moses will be out for two weeks after sustaining a groin injury in the dying minutes of last weekend’s match against Galatasaray in the Turkish Super Lig.

Victor Moses expected to join Inter Milan after confirming Fenerbahce exit

Victor Moses has intensified the speculation that he will reunite with Antonio Conte at Italian Serie A side Inter Milan next season after confirming he will leave Fenerbahce.