Home Topics Fabian Ruiz

Fabian Ruiz

Minister: Projects in 2018 budget not abandoned

The Minister of Communications, Dr. Adebayo Shittu, has said no project in 2018, whose funds were released by the Ministry of Communications, were abandoned for any reason, contrary to speculations that the ministry abandoned 104 projects captured in last year’s budget.
Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne celebrates after scoring his penalty against PSG to make it 1-1. SSC Napoli via Getty Images

Napoli draw with Paris Saint-Germain to leave group wide open

Napoli and Paris St Germain (PSG) battled to a 1-1 draw in their UEFA Champions League match on Tuesday to leave the group wide open after Liverpool’s away loss.
(From L, Front) Liverpool's Guinean midfielder Naby Keita, Liverpool's English defender Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool's Dutch midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, Liverpool's English midfielder James Milner and Liverpool's Scottish defender Andrew Robertson and (From L, Rear) Liverpool's Senegalese forward Sadio Mane, Liverpool's Brazilian forward Roberto Firmino, Liverpool's English defender Joe Gomez, Liverpool's Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk, Liverpool's Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah and Liverpool's Brazilian goalkeeper Alisson pose for a team photo prior to the UEFA Champions League group C football match between Napoli and Liverpool on October 3, 2018 at the San Paolo stadium in Naples. / AFP PHOTO / Alberto PIZZOLI

Jurgen Klopp: We weren’t good enough against Napoli

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said his side could only blame themselves after the last year's Champions League runners-up were overrun by Napoli before Lorenzo Insigne's late winner gave the Italians a 1-0 win to go top of Group C on Wednesday.

Betis stun Real Madrid on Ronaldo’s return

Antonio Sanabria struck deep into stoppage time to hand Real Betis a shock 1-0 win away to Real Madrid on Wednesday as the European champions failed to score for the first time in 74 matches.

Recent Stories

Security forces inspect St. Anthony's Shrine. Three of the explosions took place in Catholic churches, while three others were reported in the Cinnamon Grand, Kingsbury and Shangri-La hotels. [Chamila Karunarathne-Anadolu Agency-Getty Images]

UNICEF: At least 45 children killed in Sri Lanka attacks

At least 45 children were among the more than 320 people killed in suicide bomb attacks in Sri Lanka, the United Nations said Tuesday.

Man remanded over alleged rape of 12-year-old stepdaughter

A Magistrates’ Court sitting in Kano on Tuesday remanded a 55-year-old man, Mu’azu Isah, in prison custody for allegedly raping his 12-year-old stepdaughter.
Sri Lanka

Grieving relatives bury dead in Sri Lanka amid new security fears

Sri Lanka buried more of its dead on Tuesday from suicide bomb attacks on churches holding Easter services and luxury hotels that killed 321 people in the country’s worst violence in a decade.
TikTok

Bytedance: India TikTok ban causing $500,000 daily loss

India’s ban on popular Chinese video app TikTok is resulting in “financial losses” of up to 500,000 dollars a day for its developer, Beijing Bytedance Technology Co. and has put more than 250 jobs at risk, the company said in a court filing seen by Reuters.
After the serial blasts on Easter Sunday, Sri Lanka is observing national mourning on Tuesday, a decision taken during a meeting of the National Security Council chaired by President Sirisena.

Local extremist group part of global terror network – Sri Lankan premier

Sri Lanka’s Prime Minister on Tuesday informed the parliament that local extremist group “National Towheed Jamaat’’ was linked to a global terror network.