Home Topics Dethronement
Former Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, has attributed his dethronement to the wish of God, saying he would have challenged his removal in court if he had wanted the throne back.
Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has explained the rationale behind the appointments offered the deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, by his administration.
The dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, has instituted a suit before the Federal High Court in Abuja seeking an order for his release from the post-dethronement detention and confinement.
Residents of Awe in Nasarawa State have described the presence of the dethroned q, as a blessing, saying that it has brought the community into the limelight.
The Preidency has debunked insinuations that President Muhammadu Buhari was behind the dethronment of former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Muhammadu Sanusi II, as Emir of Kano.
The legal team of the deposed Emir Muhammadu Sanusi of Kano led by Abubakar Mahmoud has said it would challenge the banishment of Sanusi to Loko local government in Nasarawa State.
The deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi, has been moved from Loko where he was initially banished to after his dethronement on Monday to Awe town in the same Nasarawa State.
Yinka Odumakin, National Publicity Secretary of Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, on Tuesday said deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi, must have crossed some political lines under the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The Special Adviser to Governor Abdullahi Ganduje on Media, Salihu Yakasai, says the immediate past Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, refused to leave the palace even after he had been formally informed of his dethronement on Monday.
The Action Democratic Party (ADP) has described the dethronement of the Emir of Kano Emirate, Muhammad Sanusi II, by Governor of Kano State Abdullahi Umar Ganduje as political recklessness and opportunistic.
Nigeria’s former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described the dethronement of Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II as the traditional ruler of the Kano Emirate as a good and sad news at the same time.
Newsmen has obtained a recording of the deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, in what is his first reaction to his removal from office on Monday.
Former presidential candidate of the Young Progressives Party, YPP, Kingsley Moghalu, has expressed disappointment over the dethronement of Emir Muhammadu Sanusi of Kano state.
Members of the Kano State House of Assembly have on Monday engaged in a free for all fight over a plan to submit a report recommending investigation over an alleged violation of culture, tradition and religion by Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sunusi II.
The Board Chairman of Project Development Institute (PRODA), Dan Onjeh, has reinstated his determination to work for the victory of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Benue state and also ensure that Chief Steve Lawani wins the Zone C senatorial elections.
The Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, says diversion and safety precaution are imminent, owing to the emergency rehabilitation on the third mainland bridge in Lagos.
Former Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has asked security agencies in the country to place suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, on watch list.
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Comandant Maj.-Gen. Jamil Sarham, reaffirmed the academy’s commitment to turn out the best officers for the Nigerian Armed Forces.
President Muhammadu Buhari is currently presiding over the seventh virtual meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The chairperson of the Plateau Chapter of the Nigerian Association of Women Journalist (NAWOJ), Jennifer Yarima, has observed that women and girls living in houses without toilet facilities are more at risk of being raped.
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has suspended the processing and issuance of building plan approvals for Lugbe and all on-going developments in the district.
Wife of the Benue State Governor, Mrs Eunice Ortom, has tested positive for COVID-19
The Federal High Court in Abuja, on Wednesday, rejected the bail applications filed by the suspected kidnap kingpin, Hamisu Bala, popularly called Wadume, and six others.
The Lagos State Government has said worship centres would remain closed in the state.
The Defence Headquarters, DHQ, on Saturday denied allegation of leaders of Tiv people in Taraba State under the aegis of Tiv Cultural and Social Association (TCSA) accusing Nigerian military personnel deployed in Taraba State of raping their wives and daughters and also destroying their properties in the name of manhunt for bandits in Southern Taraba.