Home Topics Bursari
Going by the official list of members-elect for the 9th House of Representatives assembly, a total of nine political parties will have representatives in the chamber.
Prices of foodstuff have crumbled in Yobe State as farmers commenced the harvesting of their produce, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.
As part of its democracy day celebration, Yobe State Governor Ibrahim Gaidam has approved N3,723, 897, 614.40 for the execution of various social development projects in the 17 local government areas of the state under the Local Government Action Plan.
More jubilation greeted Dapchi Community today as parents of the freed girls trooped out to receive their children back from Abuja after meeting with President Mohammadu Buhari on Friday last week.
Members of the House of Representatives have reacted to the rejection of Nigerian Peace Corps Bill by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Borno Governor Kashim Shettima on Sunday called on residents of the entire northern region to be extra vigilant and remain on guard against the moves of boko haram especially as it concerns rampant abductions.
Governor of Yobe State, Ibrahim Gaidam, has blamed the security personnel helping in the management of the insurgency in the state for escalating the insurgency in the state by applying the wrong strategy in the state
Governor Ibrahim Gaidam has said that with recent developments, from Dapchi, certainly, eighty-four girls have been missing from the Government Girls Science Technical College GGSTC since the Monday abduction saga.
The Senate on Thursday urged the Federal Government to intensify efforts to ensure the safe return of all the schoolgirls abducted by insurgents in Yobe.
The Bring Back our Girls Group, BBOG, has urged the federal government to give accurate details of the number of school-girls recently declared missing in Yobe State after their school was invaded by suspected Boko Haram insurgents.
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the ministers of defence, Mansur Dan-Ali; information, Lai Mohammed; and foreign affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, to go to Dapchi village in Yobe to assess the reported abduction of schoolgirls.
The police have confirmed abduction of three men by Boko Haram terrorists after an attack on a public school in Yobe State, on Monday night.
12Page 1 of 2
The Chief of Army Staff (CoAS), Lieutenant-General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, has described the fight against terrorism as a complex one.
Chief Ademola Odunade, the President of a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, on Tuesday ordered a businessman, Saheed Ajani, to cut grass for seven days for being disrespectful to the arbitrator.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) and members-elect of the House of Representatives in Niger State have dashed the hope of member representing Chachanga constituency Mohammed Bago of becoming the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Unai Emery has warned Arsenal not to expect an easy ride from Wolves on Wednesday as the Gunners look to get their top-four bid back on track.
Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, has said that the Nigerian Army in collaboration with the Multi-National Joint Task Force is pushing hard to ensure stabilility in the Northern part of Borno.
The Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offenses Commission (ICPC), are soon to go after Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) contractors who received mobilizations for projects but abandoned them.
The Bill for Act to provide for documentation and protect domestic workers and employers scales second reading in Senate on Wednesday.
A Nigerian staff of the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) Mathew Danjuma Oguche, has been identified as one of the two victims killed during Friday’s attack on Kajuru Castle in Kajuru Local Government, Kaduna State.
While the Red Bulls have been among the top of the Eastern Conference over the last half decade, and set a new MLS points record while winning the Supporters’ Shield last term, the team have gotten off to a poor start this season.
The social media giant, Facebook, uploaded the contact details of 1.5 million new users without their permission in the last three years, Facebook confirmed in a statement on Thursday.