Home Topics Andy Ruiz Jr
Andy Ruiz Jr
World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua has been ranked the second-richest sportsperson in the United Kingdom.
The 30-year-old net worth stands at £107m after a successful campaign in 2019 that was him recaptured the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles following a shocking defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr in their first fight.
Anthony Joshua (AJ) and Kubrat Pulev have been handed three weeks to choose a location for their world title fight, with Britain and Croatia on the current shortlist, according to the Bulgarian’s manager, Ivaylo Gotsev.
Mike Tyson has picked his five favourite modern day boxers but omitted WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua from the list.
The IBF’s mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev’s representative said on Thursday that the world heavyweight title fight against Briton Anthony Joshua could take place in front of a crowd at a Roman Amphitheatre in Croatia.
Former two-division world champion David Haye views Anthony Joshua as the only boxer in the heavyweight division, at least at the moment, who is capable of unseating Tyson Fury.
The Gypsy King has been hosting daily exercise videos on Instagram with the UK on lockdown due to the coronavirus.
The world heavyweight title fight between Briton Anthony Joshua and IBF’s mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev of Bulgaria originally scheduled for June 20 has been postponed, promoters Matchroom Boxing said on Friday.
Anthony Joshua insists Andy Ruiz Jr isn’t the hardest puncher he’s faced, despite the Mexican-American handing him his first career defeat last year.
Anthony Joshua against Deontay Wilder remains a key fight in the debate about the world’s best heavyweight and Oleksandr Usyk has more to prove, says Sky Sports expert Carl Froch.
Dillian Whyte says Anthony Joshua was “pretending” he wanted an all-British battle last year, but remains ready and willing if his bitter rival wants another grudge fight.
Dillian Whyte has said that he was ‘100 percent’ confident of knocking out Anthony Joshua and hopes their potential rematch can be for the undisputed heavyweight title in 2021.
Anthony Joshua’s world heavyweight title fight against Kubrat Pulev on June 20 could be moved to July, says promoter Eddie Hearn.
Anthony Joshua confirmed on Monday that he will defend his world heavyweight titles against Kubrat Pulev in London on June 20.
World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will face Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev, the IBF’s mandatory challenger, at Tottenham Hotspur’s 62,000-seater stadium on June 20, Pulev said on Monday.
Kubrat Pulev has confirmed that his long-awaited fight with Anthony Joshua will take place this summer at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte have leapfrogged Deontay Wilder in the Ring Magazine’s new top ten heavyweight rankings.
Tyson Fury has hit out at heavyweight rival Anthony Joshua by insisting his fellow Brit’s performance against Andy Ruiz Jr was a ‘load of s***’.
In a surprise development, Football Italia reported Milan had entered the race to sign Lille striker, although Napoli still remain strong contenders.
The Acting Secretary of the FCT Health and Human Services Secretariat, Dr Mohammed Kawu, has been discharged from the Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja, where he has been receiving treatment for COVID 19.
Sources stated last week that he was ready to reject the move, not so much because of Napoli, but as an act of defiance against those close to him who were trying to orchestrate the transfer.
The House of Representatives at the weekend flagged off its investigation into the N70.495 billion allegedly paid by Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to 1,773 contractors as mobilization fees without resorting to site, between 2008 and 2012.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives), Umar El-Yakub, has said the decision of the Presidency to increase the 2020 Budget despite drop in revenue was meant to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the nation’s economy.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Agunbiade Oluyemi-Lasore, made this known while briefing newsmen in Birnin Kebbi on Tuesday.
Four months on from the last match in this season’s Champions League, the draw for the final eight will be held on Friday amid ongoing uncertainty about how safe it will be to play out the competition in Lisbon as planned, and with four last-16 ties still to be completed.
The scribe of the National Association of Nigeria Professional Footballers, Austin Popo, has stated that the Players Union in Nigeria wants to pursue an agenda that will see FIFA intervene in the way clubs treat players with regards to their earnings and due emoluments with the growing cases of players been owed in the Nigerian league.
Gunmen, yesterday, kidnapped a former customary court judge in Abia State, Chief Godwin Mejuru, at Okeikpe, headquarters of Ukwa West council area.
That’s according to a report from Football Insider, who claim that a City source told them that the 39-year-old and Wigan boss Paul Cook have both put their names in for the job after Wigan entered administration last week.