Negotiations for Microsoft to buy the US operations of Chinese-owned TikTok are on hold after President Donald Trump threatened to bar the social media app and came out against the sale, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.
Facebook condemned Saturday what it called an “extreme” ruling by a Brazilian Supreme Court judge ordering it to block the accounts of 12 high-profile allies of President Jair Bolsonaro, which it vowed to appeal.
China’s ByteDance has agreed to divest the U.S. operations of TikTok completely in a bid to save a deal with the White House, after President Donald Trump said on Friday he had decided to ban the popular short-video app, two people familiar with the matter said on Saturday.
TikTok parent company ByteDance has reportedly agreed to sell its American operations to prevent the Trump administration from banning it in the US, according to Reuters.
A Florida teen was identified Friday as the mastermind of a scheme earlier this month that commandeered Twitter accounts of prominent politicians, celebrities and technology moguls and scammed people around the globe out of more than $100,000 in Bitcoin. Two other men were also charged in the case.
The hackers who accessed dozens of high-profile Twitter accounts in mid-July gained access to the system with an attack that tricked a handful of employees into giving up their credentials, according to a company update.
Facebook has completed a series of deals for the right to show music videos, according to people familiar with the matter, vaulting the social network into a medium dominated by YouTube.
“The exceptionally broad nature of the Commission’s requests means we would be required to turn over predominantly irrelevant documents that have nothing to do with the Commission’s investigations, including highly sensitive personal information such as employees’ medical information, personal financial documents, and private information about family members of employees,” Facebook associate general counsel Tim Lamb said in a statement
Twitter and Facebook suspended the accounts Friday of 16 allies of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro after a Supreme Court judge ordered them blocked as part of a probe into an alleged disinformation campaign.
Revenue slumped 19 percent from a year ago to $683 million. Despite some modest rebound from the pandemic-induced economic slump, Twitter said that “many brands slowed or paused spend in reaction to US civil unrest” in May and June.
President Muhammadu Buhari is the most followed Sub-saharan African leader on Twitter with 3,121,169 followers, Burson Cohn and Wolfe (BCW), a global communications agency, stated in its Twiplomacy findings.
A file circulating on WhatsApp named “Argentina is Doing it” is fake news, says the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
Twitter has taken down a campaign-style video retweeted by President Donald Trump after rock group Linkin Park issued a cease-and-desist order over the unauthorized use of their music, media reports said.
Twitter said Saturday that hackers “manipulated” some of its employees to access accounts in a high-profile attack, including those of Joe Biden and Elon Musk, and apologized profusely for the breach.
Twitter says it has “no evidence” user passwords were accessed as part of yesterday’s massive attack targeting the company’s internal tools, but it is still working to restore access to locked accounts. The updates were shared as part of a series of tweets posted Thursday afternoon.
The imbroglio between Nigeria Postal Service (NIPOST) and the Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS) over jurisdiction in respect of stamp duty collection worsened on Tuesday.
The Bauchi Police Command has arrested a 34-year-old man known as Adeshina Abdulazizi, for allegedly defiling a three-year-old girl in the State.
West Ham United are closing on a deal for Barcelona striker Martin Braithwaite.
WhatsApp is piloting a new feature that lets users quickly search the contents of viral messages to fact-check misinformation, the company has announced.
Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State on Tuesday has granted pardon to 17 inmates of Sokoto Correctional centre.
The 22-year-old managed to light up the Championship this past season and his performances have caught the attention of the Premier League clubs.
Some 30 Nigerian ladies trafficked to Lebanon are appealing to Nigerian Government to rescue them as they are stranded in that country.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Monday, filed an additional seven-count charge against the former Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke, over alleged offences bordering on money laundering.
Nigeria-born Bright Osayi-Samuel’s future at Queens Park Rangers remains uncertain as the winger continue to attract transfer interest from Premier League and Belgium.
Ondo state government has banned all forms of social or public gathering during the Eid-el Kabir celebration in the State.