iPad explodes in Apple Store

An iPad exploded at the Apple Store in Amsterdam on Sunday as a result of an overheated battery, reported Dutch outlet AT5.

No one was injured, although three people at the store were treated for respiratory problems after the event.

It’s unclear if the tablet burst into the flames: Apple staff at the store were quick to place the device in a container filled with sand.

The iPad is said to have continued to emit vapours of some irritating substance, which affected three people there.

The store was evacuated when the city’s fire brigade arrived on the scene. Business resumed later, and customers were allowed back in.

Get more stories like this on Twitter & Facebook

AD: To get thousands of free final year project topics and other project materials sorted by subject to help with your research [click here]