Home Tags Chibok schoolgirls
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of attempting to score cheap political points with the abduction of school girls in Dapchi, Yobe State last month.
Former vice-president, Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the visit of US Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, to the country.
Human rights activist, Mrs. Aisha Wakil, popularly called Mama Boko Haram, has advised the Federal Government to engage those who can talk to the insurgents so as to get them to stop their attacks.
A member of the House of Representatives, Oladipupo Adebutu, on Saturday slammed President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration for what he regarded as its failure to tackle insecurity and insurgency in the country as it had promised Nigerians during the lead-up to the 2015 General Election.
Another Boko Haram mass kidnapping has cast doubts on Nigeria’s claims to have virtually defeated the jihadists, putting the government under scrutiny as elections approach next year.
President of the Lutheran World Federation (LWF), Most Rev. Panti Filibus, has described the abduction of 110 Dapchi school girls four years after the abduction of 270 girls in Chibok as ‘totally unacceptable and shameful to all Nigerians’.
The abduction of 111 schoolgirls by jihadist militants in Nigeria last week comes four years after the same group kidnapped 276 girls from Chibok, a case that shocked the world.
Leaders of the Bring Back Our Girls group, Dr Oby Ezekwesili and Aisha Yesufu, on Friday, took a swipe at the Federal Government over its handling of the abducted Dapchi schoolgirls.
A former United States of America’s Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, has criticised Nigerian government officials for not being transparent about the activities of Boko Haram.
The kidnapping of dozens more schoolgirls in northeast Nigeria by Boko Haram militants could undermine efforts to keep girls in schools and threaten progress on women’s education in the region, experts said on Friday.
Anger erupted in Dapchi, Yobe State on Thursday after officials fumbled to account for scores of schoolgirls who locals say have been kidnapped by Boko Haram jihadists — a disappearance reviving traumatic memories of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls.
The physically challenged 35-year-old Haruna Yahaya, earlier sentenced on Monday to 15 years imprisonment for participating in Boko Haram members’ abduction of over 200 schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno State, in April 2014, has bagged fresh 15 years jail term.
The Federal Government has announced its readiness to assist the Nigerian Army to upgrade its Institute of Technology and Environmental Science, Biu in Borno State to a full-fledged University.
The House of Representatives Committee on Telecommunications has relaxed the directive preventing IHS Towers, a mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider, from completing about 243 telecommunication masts under construction across the states of the Federation.
The former Governor of Adamawa State, Admiral Murtala Nyako, has cautioned the leadership of All Progressives Congress (APC), to avoid the mistake of tenure elongation for members of the National Working Committee and party Chairmen at the State and national leadership.
First came the impassioned defence of his record as Manchester United manager, then a stinging rebuke of his players' "lack of personality" to meet the demands of the 20-time English champions from Jose Mourinho.
Jan Vertonghen said Tottenham have an FA Cup advantage with the semifinals being staged at their temporary Wembley home.
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured of a boost in the agriculture value chain of the country by increasing fertilizer production to at least 1million metric tons by the end of 2018.
The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Ikeja Branch, has rejected the 50 percent reduction of the Land Use Charge recently reviewed by the Lagos State Government.
Mohamed Salah has reiterated his happiness and ambition at Liverpool to further quash talk of a possible move to Real Madrid.
The Enugu State Transport Company (ENTRACO) says it will acquire new fleet of buses and relaunch its operations in 2018.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Friday said statements by British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson tying Russian President Vladimir Putin to the attack on an ex-double agent were "shocking and unforgiveable".