The Peoples Democratic Party said it was yet to name more members into its Presidential Campaign Council.
The PDP said this on Wednesday against the backdrop of what it described as a phony post circulating in the social media and purporting that the party has released further names to make up its 2019 Presidential Campaign Council.
The party, in a statement by its spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan, said: “The fabricators of the post even went further to allocate offices to certain individuals, claiming same to be officially assigned by the leadership of our great party.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the PDP has not released any further names other than those earlier released as members of the Presidential Campaign Council.
“Currently, the only names and offices assigned and released by the party are those of the Director-General and Zonal Coordinators of the 2019 Presidential campaign as follows:
1. H.E Dr. Bukola Saraki – Director-General
2. H.E Aminu Waziri Tambuwal – Zonal Coordinator, North West.
3. H.E Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo – Zonal Coordinator, North East
4. H.E. Dr. Samuel Ortom – Zonal Coordinator, North Central.
5. H.E Nyesom Wike – Zonal Coordinator South South
6. H.E Ayodele Fayose – Zonal Coordinator, South West
7. H.E Engr. Dave Umahi – Zonal Coordinator South East.
8. H.E Kabiru Tanimu Turaki SAN- Chairman, Legal Matters
9. H.E. Emmanuel Udom – Chairman, Fund Raising Committee
“The PDP cautions that any other names being bandied around and purported to have emanated from the party should be discountenanced accordingly.
“The party therefore urges all members to remain calm and await further announcement by the National Working Committee on the composition of the Campaign Council in due course.”