There was a minor fire outbreak at the residence of Senator David Mark, former senate president, at Otukpo in Benue state, on Thursday.
The fire was said to have spread from a nearby bush into the house, gutting 15 motorcycles and two vehicles. It was also said to have affected the guest house of the residence.
Adakoke Elijah, an aide who confirmed the incident, said: “Earlier this morning, a fire incident was reported in the Otukpo residence of the former Senate President, Dr David Mark.
“The cause of the incident has yet to be ascertained but some properties, including 15 motorcycles and two vehicles, were burnt.
“The arrival of fire service personnel prevented the inferno from spreading to the entire building.
“The fire has since been extinguished. No life was lost.”