Nigeria

Military recovers two bodies from Southern Kaduna attack scenes

The Kaduna State Government says the military has recovered two more corpses from the scenes of last Sunday and Monday attacks in Southern Kaduna communities where over 40 persons had been confirmed dead.

Suspected bandits had, last week Sunday and Monday attacked Madamai and Kacecere communities in Kauru and Zango-Kataf Local Government Areas of Kaduna State, where 34 persons were killed and another set of eight killed later in a reprisal attack.

The government had confirmed that three additional corpses were also recovered by the military during the past week.

However, on Sunday, the state Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said that the military had discovered two more corpses in the Kacecere village attack in Zangon Kataf LGA.

The Commissioner said, “This discovery was reported by troops of Operation Safe Haven as they continued with search-and-rescue operations in the area, following the attack of 27th September 2021.

“The bodies were identified as Idris Mairiga and Yunusa Dangana, both residents of the village.

“It would be recalled that Kacecere village was attacked in reprisal to earlier attacks in Jankasa village, Zangon Kataf LGA, and Madamai, Kaura LGA, as reported to the government by the security agencies.

“The latest discovery of two corpses brings the death toll from the Kacecere attack to 12, while that of Madamai stands at 38.

“Search-and-rescue efforts are ongoing in both locations, straddling the two local government areas.”

The commissioner said Governor Nasir El-Rufai was pained over the incident and sent condolences to the families of the deceased as he prayed for the repose of their souls.

The governor also commended the security agencies for sustaining operations in the area, according to the Commissioner.

Get more stories like this on Twitter and Telegram

Recommended Stories