Nigeria

IPOB: Ohanaeze reveals how Ndigbo lost N3.8 trillion to sit-at-home

As the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra’s (IPOB) sit at home order continues to linger in the Southeast states, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo has lamented that the process is quickly destroying the economy of the South-East zone.

Recall that the outlawed group, through its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, declared today, Tuesday as compulsory Sit-At-Home for all Igbo’s and Biafran lovers in solidarity with its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who is presently at the DSS custody.

Those enforcing the order also yesterday, Monday, attacked a secondary school in Imo State where students were sitting for the West African Senior School Examination (WASCE).

However, Ohanaeze media outcry is coming after the pro-Biafra group grounded the South-East on Monday and Thursday last week, and continued again this week, Monday and Tuesday.

Reacting to the continuous sit at home order, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization in a statement issued by the Ohanaeze Secretary-General, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro said the developments were heartbreaking.

The Ohanaeze scribe said Ndigbo were known to be educationists and entrepreneurs and wondered where such a different spirit was coming from.

He said, “We are seriously disturbed over these actions that are endangering the future of Igbo pupils students; it is disheartening that the IPOB disciples are playing into the decoys and gimmicks of Igbo detractors.

“It’s nonsensical for any right-thinking Igbo to hinder our youngsters from participating in the WACE examinations under any guise of self-determination. Ndigbo is known to be first-class educationists and entrepreneurs; this new trend is certainly alien to Igboland.

“This madness has reached the zenith of stupidity and must decline; it’s on record that Igbo students have remained outstanding in the WACE examination, with spectacular results, so anyone trying to remove this mark is an enemy of Ndigbo.”

On the economic implication of the sit-at-home order, Isiguzoro lamented that “we have reached the end of the road.

“Ndigbo have lost almost N3.8 trillion in all facets of economic and social activities due to this absurdity.

“This must be terminated instantly for our survival. We are in support of state governments to sack and reshuffle all market leadership in the southeast who are supporting the sit-at-home order.

“A time has come for an emergency meeting with Igbo Town Union Administrators, market leaders and other pro-Biafra agitators whose conducts are in line with Igbo interests.

“We should not fold our hands and allow for a total destruction of the South-East; our enemies are already holding a tea party and we should not allow it to continue.”

Get more stories like this on Twitter and Telegram

Recommended Stories