Metro

Fire guts four container shops in llorin

Property including food stuff and wines were destroyed in Ilorin, the Kwara capital, at the early hours of Thursday when four containers were gutted by fire.

The incident occurred at Ebun-Oluwa Shopping Complex, along Tanke Pipeline Road in Ilorin South Local Government Area of the state.

Newsmen gathered that the fire was noticed from one of the containers as a result of suspected electrical spark no sooner than electricity supply was restored in the area.

One of the affected containers was a restaurant, two are for selling food stuff while the fourth one was used for selling various kinds of wines.

It took the personnel of the state Fire Service over an hour to put out the fire.

None of the owners of the four affected containers was able to salvage any belonging.

The state Director of Fire Service, Mr John Olumuyiwa, confirmed the incident to newsmen, describing it as unfortunate.

He advised residents of the state to ensure that all electrical gadgets were switched off when not in use or there is no electricity to prevent fire outbreaks.

Get more stories like this on Twitter and Telegram

Recommended Stories